Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Don't Want To Jinx Myself

As you probably know by reading my other blog She Runs, that I have been running........


Running has made my body start to change, I notice in my legs, that they are getting more curvier, my butt is getting smaller, my waist is getting smaller, and my face is looking a little thinner. I am starting to slowly see a difference......


I said I was going to go and buy a new scale I have yet to do that. Why, I would be lying if I said that I didn't know, but I do. For me I am scared that I am going to be upset about the number I see. Scared that I am going to fail and get down and hard on myself. If I don't see the number that I think that I should be seeing I am scared that I will binge or stop running and think whats the point. But if I do that then I not only fail myself but I fail my family and especially my youngest. She has the beginnings of a weight problem. I want to nip this in the butt before she gets older. I want her to see that her mom is healthy and fit, and not some fat lazy person. A friend said the other day, that she wished that her parents had made more of an effort to go for walks and be active. I am trying to teach my kids that. 


Thank God for this really nice weather that we have been having, we have been out walking everyday, My children all walked 4km twice this weekend. Monday they kinda chilled and didn't do much they were exhausted from our very active weekend. Yesterday they played at the park and today I took my two little ones for a long walk this afternoon.


I can honestly say that I have been watching what I eat, I haven't started my calorie counting  in a journal yet, I know I have to start doing that again if I truly want to be successful at losing my weight.  I have been making more conscious decisions of what I have been eating and how much. I have been eating more salads and raw veggies, and leaner meats and less carbs (except for run days) I have also been staying away from a lot of sugars and trying to use natural or organic low glycemic sugar alternatives such as agave nectar or stevia, I have been drinking more water, and getting more sleep.


So my question to you is do I buy the scale and become totally obsessed with the number or just keep doing what I am doing and start my calorie journals and become obsessed with that?



No comments:

Post a Comment