Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 5

Today is day 5 of  me getting back on track, I have been corn-free for five whole days now, and I must say I am feeling so much better, getting back to my old self, I am not so tired, and sluggish, my belly is not sore and bloated, and I am feeling so much more happier. I have been using my food journal, and keeping track of everything I eat. I  have stayed in my fat and calorie range, and have even been having desert at night! I find if I keep my "dessert" at the end of the day after the kids are in bed and I can settle down and relax without 5000 "mommy, mommy", then I feel like its my little reward for a job well done at the end of the day. this weeks reward dessert is Low Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies a recipe that I have created  a couple of years ago. Each cookie contains 67 calories and 1.25 grams of fat. Depending on how many calories I have left at the end of the day I can usually eat 2 or 3 of these little things. And what kind of person would I be if I didn't share this recipe, so here it is:

Sam's Low Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies


2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of apple sauce
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
5 cups oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips ( I use mini chips  your guaranteed  a couple chips in every cookie)
1 cup raisins

Mix together eggs, apple sauce, brown sugar, honey,vanilla,salt, cinnamon, and baking soda together, next stir in flour until well combined, then add in oatmeal and then both chocolate chips and raisins. scoop out one level tablespoon worth of dough per cooking and place on baking sheet with parchment paper, or use a non-stick baking pan . Bake for 8-10 min at 350C. This recipe makes 83 cookies.

Enjoy!

1 comment: